Membrane separation type solvent dehydration system
Great attention is recently being paid to global environmental issues, and it is now conceivable that companies will need to treat used solvents themselves. In consideration of this kind of social issue, we have developed a “membrane separation type solvent dehydration system,” which uses a polyimide membrane with superior dehydration properties developed by Ube Industries, Ltd. in combination with our own distillation and concentration technology that has resulted in solvents being more easily recovered.
- 1Under the distillation system, even in case of azeotropic solvent compositions, this system which remove water vapor by the polyimide membrane will easily dehydrate.
- 2In comparison with the distillation system, it significantly saves on use of steam.
- 3Dehydration can be performed through merely supplying evaporated vapor to the membrane module and maintaining the differential pressure between the permeable side and the impermeable side.
- 4Solvent purity of 99.9% or more can be achieved by carrying out dehydration with a polyimide membrane only.
- 5The polyimide membrane has superior heat and solvent resistance. Therefore, the vapor permeation system reduces contamination of the membrane and thus extends its life.
Principles of dehydration
The aromatic polyimide membrane is highly permeable to water vapor but less permeable to vapors of organic compounds such as alcohol etc.
- 1 Recovery of the detergent solvent Recovery of the cleaning solvent such as electronic parts industry, precision instrument industry.
- 2Solvent recovery and the refinement Solvent recovery and the refinement such as chemical industry, an industry of medical supplies, food industry, the fermentation industry.
Kind of the application solvent
Acetone, ethanol, methyl ethyl ketone, butanol, isopropyl alcohol, ethyl acetate, methyl isobutyl ketone, others (including hexane and toluene).